Senior Designer A, Drafting/Design Services
Requisition Number :
Number of positions to fill :
Posting Start Date :
General responsibilities of the position :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft, and helicopters. Our excellent reputation relative to its highly qualified personnel (10,000 employees worldwide), its overall engine reliability and exceptional aftermarket support network brings a clientele from all over the world (over 190 countries).
Area of Expertise:
Provide technical/operational drafting and design support to the engineering functional groups.
Level of Responsibility:
· Under minimal supervision, performs varied and complex tasks.
· Applies advanced skills to perform functions of the position with in assigned area.
· Adapts new procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment to meet the more complex requirements of the position.
· May rely on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish some assigned tasks and goals.
· Resolves most questions and problems, may serve as a resource on several topics, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
· May orient, train, assign and check the work of other employees.
Specific responsibilities of position :
· Generates complex engineering drawings and layouts of moderately complex design concepts using a computer aided drafting system (CATIA).
· Provides technical assistance through the detail design phase.
· Provides technical direction to junior draftspersons in preparation of engineering and manufacturing drawings and related documentation.
Minimum qualifications required :
· AA/AS degree, or other post high school training (two years duration) with minimum of 8 years' experience;
· BA/BS degree w/4–7+ years' experience;
· MA/MS degree w/2–5+ years' experience.
Field of studies :
Administration, Other related field
Additional Requirements :
· Languages: Bilingual (English/French)
· High degree of proficiency using CATIA V5 (500 hours of practical experience); functional ability using CATIA V4.
· An extensive knowledge of mechanical drafting, applied mathematics, geometric tolerancing, manufacturing methods, physics and strength of materials.
· Demonstrate organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and capable of working independently and/or in a team.
· The candidate will have to demonstrate the following competencies: Results focused, analytical thinking, adaptability, teamwork, communication.
Additional Information :
Employee will be eligible to flextime.