Quality Specialist, customer interface
Position Number :
Number of positions to fill :
1520-Program, Quality Management
Posting Start Date :
General responsibilities of the position :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft, and helicopters. Our excellent reputation relative to its highly qualified personnel (10,000 employees worldwide), its overall engine reliability and exceptional aftermarket support network brings a clientele from all over the world (over 190 countries).
• As a Quality Specialist, customer interface, the candidate will be responsible for all Customer related Quality aspects for various customers, including engine & Power Plants.
• Act as focal point between the Customer’s Quality organization and P&WC Customer Quality organization.
• Oversees and drive resolution of quality issues\processes on engines delivered to Customers, in a timely manner.
• Liaise internally with various P&WC organizations (Marketing, Engineering, Customer service & Operations) to address Customer quality issues.
• Develop and implement appropriate metrics to monitor and measure performance during preproduction and production phases of the program.
• Participate in Program Management Team meetings and elevate top drivers so they can be addressed in timely fashion.
• Identify and drive Quality related program risks and develop and implement appropriate risk mitigation plans.
• Initiate and lead various OEM Quality teams.
• Regularly communicate with the Customer Quality organization to review and address Quality issues.
Specific responsibilities of position :
• Exercise a role of leadership to influence and drive resolution of quality related issues.
• Provides cross-functional guidance and expertise.
Minimum qualifications required :
• Bachelor degree with a minimum of 5 to 8 years’ experience.
• Master with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
Field of studies :
Aerospace, Engineering , Quality, Manufacturing.
Field of studies :
Aerospace Engineering, Engineering
Additional Requirements :
• Bilingual (French and English) with strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Experience in Customer support or Customer experience
• Experience in aerospace
• Good Knowledge of Gas turbine engine operation;
Other competencies required:
• Team player;
• Change Agent;
• Leadership skills;
• Flexibility and adaptability;
• Strong Analytical skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.