Requisition Number :
Number of positions to fill :
3151-Manufacturing Engineering - Airfoils Raw Material
Posting Start Date :
General responsibilities of the position :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering business, general aviation and regional aircraft, and helicopters. Our excellent reputation relative to its highly qualified personnel (10,000 employees worldwide), its overall engine reliability and exceptional aftermarket support network brings a clientele from all over the world (over 190 countries).
Specific responsibilities of position :
Raw materials - Structural Castings.
Candidate with significant experience in the aerospace raw material industry who is looking
to become a recognized company specialist in the casting process. Functions include :
• support to the component design process, & international source transition activities for
cost/ productivity on various raw material engine components.
• Ensure support to internal customers such as engine programs, manufacturing, Global Operations & Strategy, & Supply Management (procurement).
• Lead and apply productivity standard work for production readiness reviews, engine program passports & source transition projects.
• Link between engineering and producers.
Minimum qualifications required :
• College diploma with 6 to 10 years' experience
• Bachelor degree with 4 to 7 years' experience
Field of studies :
Manufacturing, Metallurgical, aeronef
Field of studies :
Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering
Additional Requirements :
• Demonstrated and applied manufacturing experience on aerospace structural casting components(mandatory);
• Familiar with the raw material layout process (asset);
• Knowledge of modern structural casting inspection & validation techniques (laser scanning, Polyrix, white light, blue light) (asset);
• Functional use of SAP (asset);
• Quality assurance management experience (asset).
Other assets considered:
• Polyworks knowledge;
• Fluent in use of investigation quality tools (PPAP, SPC, quality clinics, pareto, fishbone diagrams, fault tree analysis);
• Integrated Product Team experience and knowledge of PWC's source transition process;
• Continuous improvement accreditation. (ACE, Six Sigma).