Senior Internal Auditor
Requisition Number :
Number of positions to fill :
General responsibilities of the position :
Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional after-market support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
Area of expertise
Conduct financial and operational audits of the company’s business units by examining and verifying accounting, statistical, or operational records and procedures and/or procedures of internal and/or external organizational units to determine the reliability, efficiency and effectiveness of financial and control systems.
Level of responsibility
• Help plan and determine the audit strategy and take part in the internal operational and financial audit mandates of significant scope and complexity.
• Identify risks and adjust the audit plan and procedures accordingly.
• Make value-added recommendations to Senior Management to help reduce the company’s business risks and increase the effectiveness of its operations as well as issue audit reports.
• Follow up to ensure the proposed recommendations are implemented.
• Promote best governance and effective and economical internal control notions.
• Contribute to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas.
• Be able to improve and support team members.
• Have expert auditing and accounting knowledge across multiple disciplines.
Specific responsibilities of position :
• Perform internal audit mandates, in cooperation with business units, to review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of financial and other operational controls to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ascertain compliance with established policies, procedures, business practices as well as applicable laws and regulations.
• Take an active role in the coordination and implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance activities.
• Review and examine Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Act as a person of contact, counsel and assist business units with internal control related matters.
• Communicate guidelines pertaining to the documentation of new and existing processes and testing of key controls.
• Identify opportunities for increasing operational efficiencies and strengthening management controls.
• Support continuous improvement initiatives.
• Perform other mandates (e.g. royalty audits) with third party partners, suppliers, etc.
Minimum qualifications required :
• Professional certification: CA, CMA or CGA.
• Five to seven years’ experience in internal and/or external auditing
Field of studies :
Additional Requirements :
• Process and results driven.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Team player with good interpersonal skills.
• Self-reliance, perseverance, versatility and flexibility, and strong business acumen.
• Ethical and respectful.
• Ability to propose new and creative solutions.
• Ability to offer superior customer service and exceed expectations.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
• Bilingualism (English and French), spoken and written.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint).